How To: Add Bit.ly Shortener to Gmail
Shorteners were born out of email so it’s fitting that BIT.ly has returned to the email frontier. Last night I figured out how to add BIT.ly to Gmail so never again will you need to open up another tab outside of Gmail to do the nasty and shorten those pesky 1000 character URL’s.
So here’s how you do it:
- Go to Labs under your Settings
- Search for “Add any gadget by URL” in the search field up top
- Enable it and Save
- You should now have a gadgets tab at the top of the settings page. Click it.
- In the “Add a gadget by its URL:” field paste this link:
- Congratulations you’ve done the impossible now standup and do a little dance
Categorized as Totally Random